In conjunction with Hangul Proclamation Day this coming 9th October, the National Hangeul Museum are running some events we thought you might be interested in! The events will run from tomorrow October 5 to October 9 so if you do have some time to spare, please check out the details below.
As there are no available details about the event on their English page, we thought we’d give you a brief rundown below.
Event Details: Available HERE (Korean only)
Event Dates 일정: 2019. 10. 5.(토)~10. 9.(수)
Venue 장소: National Hangeul Museum located at 139 Seobinggo-ro, Yongsandong 6(yuk)-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Held at the 국립한글박물관 National Hangeul Museum itself, there will be several activities, performances and exhibitions that you can participate in:
- Making your own Woodblock print
- Calligraphy : Hearty phrases written beautifully by professional Hangeul calligraphy
- Experience the high technology in information communication
- You can have a go at typewriters and retro PCs
- You can try expressing yourself in you own way with various tools
- English guided tours : 14:00, 15:00
- Mime/Magic shows with showtimes below:
- Oct. 5~6 : 11:00, 14:30, 16:00
- Oct. 7~8 : 14:30, 16:00
- Oct. 9 : 11:00, 14:30, 16:30
Please check out their flyers below for further info:
Hang on, that’s not all! If you’re interested in Korean Hangul writing, the King Sejong Memorial Hall is currently running its 20th Korean Hangul Writing Contest and you’re all invited to join the competition!
For more information, please visit their official website HERE, and apply to the Sejong Grand Memorial Society Secretariat by Thursday, October 10, 2019.
On the HOMEPAGE, click on 제20회 외국인 한글 글씨쓰기 대회 as highlighted in yellow above for more details and to download the application form for the contest. You will be required to submit the form either via email or fax by next Thursday, 10 October 2019!
We hope to see some of our students join the contest and show off your Korean Hangeul writing skills! 😉